Before you begin, you need to have your own blog set up with TravelFeed hosting.
If you're using TravelFeed for your travel blog, integrating Google Analytics can give you a deeper understanding of your readers. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Set Up a New Google Analytics Property
- If you're new to Google Analytics, start by setting up a new account on the Google Analytics Website. Once done, you'll be prompted to create a new property for your TravelFeed site
- If you're already using Google Analytics, navigate to the admin area (accessible from the cog button in the bottom left corner). Click on the blue "Create Property" button.
- Enter a name for your travel blog under "Property Name" (e.g. "My TravelFeed Blog"). Fill out the business details & objectives as you see fit and click "Create".
- You will then be prompted to start collecting data. Choose "Web" as your platform.
- Enter the URL of your TravelFeed website and provide a stream name (e.g. "Blog"). Choose the desired options and click "Create stream".
2. Obtain the Measurement ID
- After activating your stream, you'll see installation instructions. You can close them, as for the installation with TravelFeed a manual installation by code snippet is not necessary.
- All you need to do is to copy the Measurement ID (G-123XXXX321) to your clipboard.
3. Integrate with TravelFeed
- In your TravelFeed Dashboard, open your blog in Hosting and navigate to the "Integrations" Tab. Under Google Analytics, paste the copied Measurement ID. Then scroll down and click "Save changes".
4. Confirm the Integration
- With the integration complete, it's time to confirm that Google Analytics is working with your TravelFeed site.
- In Google Analytics, navigate to "Reports" in the sidebar, click on "Realtime", and refresh your TravelFeed site. If you see your activity on the dashboard, it confirms that Google Analytics is successfully integrated! Be aware that if you are using an Adblocker, the visit might not be tracked.
And that's it! You've successfully integrated Google Analytics with TravelFeed. Now, you can enjoy a wealth of data and insights about your readers and optimize your content accordingly.