Before you dive in, make sure you're familiar with how to navigate and use TravelFeed’s block-based editor. If you need a refresher, check out How to Use the Editor.
How to Insert a Table of Contents
- Begin a New Paragraph: Start on a fresh line.
- Open Block Menu: Tap on the '+' icon or use the 'Tab' key.
- Choose Table of Contents: Opt for the Table of Contents. You might need to scroll or type to find it. The table of contents will be generated and updated automatically.
Why a Table of Contents is an SEO Booster
- Structure for Search Engines: Search engines favor well-structured content, and a Table of Contents provides a clear roadmap.
- User Engagement: Readers can jump to desired sections, enhancing user experience and potentially reducing bounce rates.
- Accessibility: For users utilizing screen readers, a Table of Contents offers an accessible navigation alternative.
- Correct Heading Order: Ensuring your headings are in the correct hierarchy (H2 followed by H3, not jumping from H2 to H4, etc.) is vital. This ensures the Table of Contents can generate a logically structured overview.
- Descriptive Headings: Use headings that succinctly describe the section's content to provide genuine insights at a glance.
- Balanced Use: Avoid overcrowding with too many subheadings; keep it balanced to truly enhance navigation without becoming overwhelming.
- Consider Content Length: While the Table of Contents is particularly beneficial for lengthier posts, consider skipping it for shorter content with few sections (e.g., fewer than 5 headings) to avoid unnecessary complexity.